Hey hey sweetie pies! I turned 30 last month and whew! I am currently in such a pivotal moment in my life full of reflection and enlightenment. I have entered a point in my life where I am fulfilled mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. Thinking back on my life, I have learned so much over the course of these 30 years. So much so that I figured I would make a post! For today’s post, I will be sharing that I wished I knew before my 30th birthday.
- Take care of your health before it becomes an emergency.
- Always put yourself first.
- Credit is better than wealth.
- Start investing in your retirement now. Do not wait until you’re older.
- Family may not always agree with how you live your life, but you live your life for you.
- Discover what luxury means to you and find ways to romanticize your life.
- Self-care is essential and should be included in your daily/weekly routine.
- Mental health is just as important as physical health. Make it a priority and invest!
- Take the time needed to find the perfect doctor, therapist, dentist, etc. Don’t be afraid to “date” around for your healthcare professionals.
- Dating multiple people is part of living a single life. Do not allow anyone to make you feel bad for doing so.
- Sacred exchange of energy is very real. Soul ties are real. Everyone should not have access to your sacred energy.
- Do not fall into the trap of society’s timeline. It’s never too early or too late to do anything. (graduate college, get married, start a family, start a business, etc.)
- Individuals who just want something out of you will say or do anything to get it. Let them earn that. Most are not about that life.
- As a woman, you hold the power. You control the narrative. Do not let someone else write your story.
- The only person’s happiness that you need to worry about is yours.
- Pay your bills ahead of the due date if possible.
- Insure everything! It’s not a matter of if but when an emergency or disaster happens, you will have something to help cover the costs.
- The right man/woman will love you unabashedly and openly.
- Make sure that you are complete and healed as a person before seeking a relationship with someone else.
- Deal with any and all previous trauma so that you can heal. Broken people hurt and damage others.
- Believe it or not, you are exactly where you need to be in life.
- Try to appreciate the small moments in life as well as the monumental moments if not more.
- Learn financial literacy and make it a part of your lifestyle.
- Don’t be disappointed when you hear “no”. That just means that you are one step closer to a “yes”.
- If you are not going to do anything to change your life and make it better do not complain!
- Friendships evolve over time. While few friendships are for a lifetime, most are for just a season.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Everything in life changes. Most things serve as a catapult for the newly evolved you. The more you resist, the more difficult the change will be.
- God gave you a voice for a reason, don’t be afraid to use it.
- Learn and master the skill of “reading the room”.
- Always listen to your intuition!
BONUS : Wear what feels good to wear because being uncomfortable ain’t cute! (Literally)
BONUS : Create a skin care routine and stick to it but adjust whenever needed.
Which lesson resonated with you the most and why? What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments below!
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~ Coco Chanel