Hey sweetie pies, TGIF! As some of you may already know, I am a very passionate person. Basically I am saying that if I do anything in life, it’s done with passion or not done at all. I am a firm believer that whatever you’re doing in life, it should be something that you’re passionate about and love to do. True enough, I love being a blogger, an online jewelry boutique owner and a dance teacher but I am NO WHERE near where I want to be in life or doing all of the things that I love. Don’t get me wrong because the things I do right now, I am very passionate about. I do however want to encourage everyone by sharing some facts as to why it is so important to do what you love in some type of capacity.
In today’s society, it is so easy to settle into a certain monotonous lifestyle all the while we feel unfulfilled. It can become quite easy to develop a sedentary lifestyle even and feel like you don’t have any purpose. You just feel like you’re existing and not living. Trust me, there’s a HUGE difference!
Take a moment to think about what makes you happy or something that you’re really good at. Next, think about how often you do said activity. Is it part of your profession? Is it a hobby that you do on a regular basis? Or is it something that you haven’t done in years? Now, think about your answers to those previous questions and evaluate them. Do you wish that you did that activity that you love so much – more often? Maybe in a bigger capacity? If you answered yes to either of those last two questions then keep reading!
It is SO IMPORTANT (in my eyes anyway) to pursue and nurture your passions in life. I mean all in all, that’s what life’s all about right? My first passion is Dance (That may surprise some of you). I have been dancing since I was 5 years old and taking lessons since I was 8. I absolutely love it! Now even though I am passionate about fashion, beauty and lifestyle; I am also passionate about dancing, singing and acting. I make sure to nurture them any chance I get. Whether that’s through classes, workshops or just creating choreography in the comfort of my home. I receive many benefits from pursuing my passions as I am sure you would to! Check them out below.
1. Joy – I am so happy when I am dancing or even while I am typing this blog post! It brings so much joy to know that I am doing something that I love.
2. Balance – Taking a little time out of your week to do some painting, shoot some hoops, paint, whatever it is helps to bring balance to an otherwise crazy schedule.
3. Anticipation – It gives you something to look forward to! We all like having something to look forward to to break away from the world for a while.
3. Stress – Even though this one is pretty obvious, nurturing your passions will help alleviate stress. From receiving joy from doing previous mentioned activity, your brain releases endorphins which help eliminate stress.
4. Fulfillment – Sometimes, doing something that we love on a regular basis helps to eliminate a void that was previously not filled. And when the void is filled, magic can happen. Just watch how much your mood and state of mind changes.
5. Opportunity – Once you open yourself up to what you love, you open yourself up to the universe to flourish more and more in that field. What starts off as weekly classes at the Y can quickly manifest into much, much more!
6. Purpose – You begin to recognize your sense of purpose. Remember, there’s a reason that you enjoy that activity and/or why that you are so good at it. There are SO MANY people in this world that don’t live out their purpose and use their many talents. It is a very unfortunate loss for you and for the world. DON’T WASTE IT!
I encourage all of my sweetie pies to rediscover their passion, (if need be) and nurture your love for whatever that is, as often as you can.
I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing it. Have a great weekend!
As always, XO and Stay FAB! ~ Stormie